Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Regrouping, Minimally

Following my ordeal trying to work with glass I still needed a minimalist sculpture for school. I had two steel frames already made, so I ran with them.


I had welded on tabs that were going to hold the glass sheets, but now they were unnecessary and unsightly.


But thankfully they were easy to remove.


After grinding and sanding off all the blemishes, I cut one corner off the larger frame and put it on top of the smaller one, and slightly at an angle.


Then welded on some quick feet to keep it upright.


And painted it matte black.

Before
After

And bam! Display In the courtyard.




UPDATE: This piece was very well received and I was invited to install it in a courtyard on campus, along with another student. It is also available for purchase.






1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! Way to rise from the ashes of the glass! I'm excited to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete