Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Art Deco Dieselpunk Goggles

To make the arms of the goggles I riveted two pieces of brass together and sanded them to the same shape, then I drew the design I wanted onto the metal.


I used a jewelers saw to cut them apart.



Leaving them riveted together until I sanded the freshly cut areas so that they would stay identical


These pieces will attach to the brass brackets I made earlier.



 Next I cut leather to back the arms with.



Unfortunately I cut two pieces for the same side. Oops.


The leather is side-specific because the texture is very different on each side, one is more like suede, but I want to smoother side to be visible and against the skin..



The arms were riveted to the brackets.


Then I traced the eye pattern onto the brass mesh and cut it out with hand shears.


One lens in place.





No comments:

Post a Comment